Charlie started her first day of her last year of preschool today. They built a really nice Challenger school just a block away. She has been so excited and it was a hit according to the report. Brit whined for a few minutes after dropping her off because she wanted to go with her (apparently I'm not THAT big of a party).
Monday, August 25, 2008
Posted by Phil and Tiff at 5:20 PM
I laughed for a good few minutes when I saw this picture and thought it would maybe brighten someone else's day too! I would really like to thank whoever it was that took this picture for "capturing the moment."
Posted by Phil and Tiff at 5:17 PM
We pretty well laughed our entire trip, I seriously don't think either of us have laughed that hard or much in YEARS. It was so much fun and enough food that Phil and Blake had to pay off the zipline guys to let them go because they didn't quite meet the weight requirements.
We did a lot of snorkeling, tubed the ditch, ziplines, helicopter rides, illegal swimming (we had a lawyer with us), shopping, and wandering. Poor Russ's legs got that burned the first day out.
I was also lucky enough that the timing was right and was able to see several of my cousins while in Oahu! All around a very relaxing trip prior to number three joining us in three months (gulp!).
Posted by Phil and Tiff at 4:52 PM
Phil and I had a WONDERFUL trip to Hawaii. We went on a seven day cruise through the islands with Phil's partners and their spouses (lucky for Mark that Russ is a good stand-in when his wife couldn't make it). Thanks to Mom, Dad and Austy and Graeme & Challae who watched the girls for us (I'm pretty certain our children did NOT miss us at all). I have been informed by Graeme that ALL of Brit's injuries where obtained at Granna's house previous to he and Challae taking over. Its just a fracture from falling off her bike and she is quite thrilled with the fact that Granna took her to the doctor's (she tells me four/five times a day).
Posted by Phil and Tiff at 4:45 PM
Friday, August 1, 2008
1. What is something mom always says to you? not to do something naughty
2. What makes mom happy? Love
3. What makes mom sad? when I do something to fight for toys
4. How does your mom make you laugh? Tickle
5. What was your mom like as a child? She likes to play toys with each other
6. How old is your mom? five
7. How tall is your mom? like this (demonstration with hands)
8. What is her favorite thing to do? Hide 'n' seek and play chase
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? put me in time out
10.If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? because of her sister (that's going to go to Nat's head)
11. What is your mom really good at? putting pictures up
12. What is your mom not very good at? not getting the popsicles out
13. What does your mom do for her job? go to the gym
14. What is your mom's favorite food? rice
15. What makes you proud of your mom? playing with each other
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? cinderella
17. What do you and your mom do together? Ring around the rosie and chase
18. How are you and your mom the same? we're both girls
19. How are you and your mom different? we don't have the same hair
20. How do you know your mom loves you? Because we're both girls, we love each other and we play with each other
Here's my analysis number 16 is a tell tale sign of my role in the house (ha ha ha), Charlie thinks I work at the gym (probably my smokin' hot totally toned body gives that away) and the only time I'm really away from her is when she's in time out...at least I'm dependable!). And Charlie is really not that naughty. She's pretty well behaved and spends little time in time out (this week has been a crazy exception but I think we've all been off).
We tag Ava May and Luke!
Posted by Phil and Tiff at 3:26 PM