Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Could it really be???

I woke up Sunday morning knowing my kids were all staying home from church due to illness AGAIN and decided it would be the prime day to start potty training being that Phil was technically home for two days to help out. I have to say this is something I have put off for MONTHS, I had a good excuse with having a baby but I knew my time was up.
You see, I had to potty train Charlie three different times before it finally took and each time was more miserable than the previous. It has a lot to do with SEVERE frustration all the while having to fake nonchalant-ness after an accident and overly joyed at something that really had been taught and learned many times before.
I think I figured out my problem. Charlie WASN'T ready! So yes, Brit is on the verge of three and that seems to be the trick! We had one accident Sunday, one Monday and so far none today! WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!
The best part of potty training Brit is there's always a song and dance to go with whatever she is doing. For those of you who have seen the "stinky bottom" dance it is now the "potty" dance. And apparently if she goes in with Phil she has a song (which she refuses to sing for me) that goes a little like this, "Go potty, go potty, go potty!"
I will get video of the dance for all to see one of these days but just know it has to do with sticking her little backside out and shaking it side to side. Its a riot!

3 comments:

the Eggett's said...

yay Britt! This must be such a relief!

Niederfam said...

Yay Britty!!!! I need to see that cute baby!!! POST pictures of her!!!! AND the dance of course........Soon, we will SEE you soon!!!

Marcie Tess said...

Congrats! I like your approach. I will try the same one day... Hope all is well.